For the latest MCC Lacrosse Section news, please visit www.mcclacrosse.com.au
MCC Lacrosse section was founded in 1896 by players formerly affiliated with the Caulfield and Melbourne clubs. The Section won its first Victorian Lacrosse Association (VLA) premiership in 1920 and another in 1927. Although nearly always competitive, many decades passed before the MCC’s senior team won its next Victorian premiership in 2005.
The Lacrosse Section helped to host MCG international matches in 1907 and 1958, the latter game being organised by inaugural Hans Ebeling Award winner Bill Gray. MCC fields senior and junior teams in the VLA and the Women’s Lacrosse Victoria competition.
The Section now fields team in senior and junior grades in the Victorian Lacrosse Association competition on Saturdays and junior and senior ladies teams in the Women's Lacrosse Victoria competition on Sundays.
The teams train and play matches at the Albert Cricket Ground, Queens Road, Melbourne. We are looking for more girls to take on this fast-moving sport, if you are interested please contact secretary Michael Lambden on 0425 750 679.
1896 – MCC Lacrosse Section is established through an affiliation of members from the Caulfield and Melbourne clubs.
1920 – MCC wins its first premiership in the Senior Section of the Victorian Lacrosse Association (now Lacrosse Victoria).
1927 – Section wins its second premiership.
1984 – Ken Nichols and Tom Hardy represent Australia at the Los Angeles Olympics (Lacrosse is a demonstration sport).
2005 – Senior team wins Lacrosse Victoria Division 1 premiership.
MCC Lacrosse Section contacts
Chairman: Peter Allen