The TRV Master Marksman and Bench Master results for our members are as follows:
Master Marksman Sixth - Xavier McLaurin
Bench Master First - Richard Lightfoot
Veteran Master Marksman First - Peter Males
Junior Bench Master Ninth - Michael Di Pasquale
Veteran Bench Master First - Richard Lightfoot and third - Peter Males
Target Rifle Geelong held their 50M competition on Saturday 24th and in the prone event Xavier McLaurin (581x24) was eighth overall, with Vito Di Pasquale (574x21) placing sixteenth overall and Peter Males (556x13) in twenty fourth position.
The bench rest event saw Richard Lightfoot (598x43) take out seventh overall, Vito Di pasquale (594x37) thirteenth and Michael Di Pasquale(593x40) seventeenth and first junior.
Sunday 25th was a nice windy day for the 90M events and Peter Males (568x03) placed twelfth in the prone and shot 581x04 for fifteenth in the bench rest.
Results of the Camberwell 600 for 2014 were released and MCC SBRC had four members in the top ten of the postal competition. They were Xavier McLaurin (596x36) for second place overall and A Grade, Peter Males (596x34) third place overall and A Grade, Roderick Williams (592x29) for sixth place overall and A Grade and Kate Ebbott (590x26) in tenth place overall and A Grade. Dave McLay (584x20) was third in B Grade.
The Ragnar Skanåker 50m Pistol Grand Prix was hald at MISC on December 13. Peter Males (599x20) shot in the 50M prone event to finish second in the eliminations and third in the finals.
At the RBA Rimfire and Air Bench Competition, held at MISC on November 29, our shooters Vito Di Pasquale (723x15) and Michael Di Pasquale (712x8) placed fourth and seventh respectively in the 25M Air Bench, whilst in the 50M Bench, Michael Di Pasquale (725x19) placed third, Richard Lightfoot (711x22) placed fifth and Vito Di Pasquale (705x14) was sixth.
The City of Melbourne Teams 50M match was held at MISC on November 9. Our prone team of Peter Males (566x19), Peter Farley (557x15) and Vito Di Pasquale (549x11) managed fifth place with a total of 1672x45. Our bench rest team of Richard Lightfoot (729x29), Peter Farley (728x27) and Michael Di Pasquale (725x23) were able to get to third place with a total of 2182x79.
Victoria placed fourth in the Warren Potent Interstate Postal for 2014. Both Xavier McLaurin (who shot a great 592 in the last round of the competition) and Peter Males represented Victoria during the season.
Results of the Lancefield Postal 600 competition for 2014, placed our prize list members as follows.
For 20M Prone, Peter Males (591x31) was 2nd Overall, 1st A Grade and Veterans, Xavier McLaurin (589x24) was 5th Overall, John West (588x25) was 6th Overall and 2nd B Grade, Kate Ebbott (586x22) was 10th Overall, Gavin Tan (563x13) was 1st in D Grade and Paul Allinson (554x6) placed 2nd in D Grade.
The 20M Bench Rest gave Richard Lightfoot (581x21) 4th Overall and 2nd A Grade and Veterans whilst Michael Di Pasquale (568x13) was 1st Jub Junior and 2nd Junior.
At 50M in Prone, Xavier McLaurin (591x36) was a clear winner with 1st Overall and A Grade, and the 50M Bench Rest placed Richard Lightfoot (598x51) 9th Overall.
The TRV Endurance Match held at Shepparton over the 25th and 26th saw Richard Lightfoot compete in the 50M Bench Rest events and score 741x33, 723x25, 727x20 and 729x26 for a total of 2920x103 to place 9th Overall.
Our entrants in the Kyabram Championships over the 11th and 12th, placed as follows.
Richard Lightfoot, in the 50M Bench Rest, shot 740x30 on day one for 2nd place Overall, A Grade and Veterans and 742x40 on day two for 3rd Overall, 2nd A Grade and Veterans.
Xavier McLaurin, in the 50M Prone, shot 578x22 on day one for 7th place Overall.
Peter Males, in the 50M Prone, shot 561x16 on day one for 18th Overall and 1st Veterans and 575x23 on day two for 7th Overall, 3rd B Grade and 1st Veterans.
Over the weekend of October 4 and 5, Xavier McLaurin made the journey to Sydney for the NSW State Championships. In the 50M Prone qualification, Xavier (585x25) placed 7th overall and 5th in A Grade.
Glenelg Region held their Prize Shoot on the 13th of September. The 50M Prone event saw Xavier McLaurin (579x18) place 7th Overall with Peter Males (575x21) placing 9th Overall, 3rd B Grade and 1st Veterans. At 50M Bench Rest, Richard Lightfoot (735x36) had a clean sweep by winning the Overall, A Grade and Veterans.
Hamilton held their Annual Prize Meeting on the September 14th. The 50M Prone event saw Xavier McLaurin (581x19) place 7th Overall with Peter Males (562x15) placing 14th Overall and 1st Veterans. At 50M Bench Rest, Richard Lightfoot (739x44) was 3rd Overall, 2nd A Grade and won the Veterans.
Final results of the TRV 20M Pennant series for 2014 were published. For the 20M Prone Pennant, our A Team finished in second place in Section A, whilst our B Team also managed second place in Section E, after a shoot off with Mornington.
Two of our shooters made it into the top 10 for Victoria. They were Xavier McLaurin (1194x72) placing 2nd and Peter Males (1190x65) finishing 5th and being top Veteran. Kate Ebbott (1182x57) also shot well to place 25th.
In the 20M Bench Rest Pennant, our A Team won the Section A Pennant and our B Team won the Section B Pennant. For this Pennant, three of our shooters made it into the top 10 for Victoria. Richard Lightfoot (1754x50) was top shooter in Victoria, followed by Peter Farley (1749x41) in 3rd place and David McLay (1741x45) in 7th place.
Xavier McLaurin (592x32) and Vito Di Pasquale (566x13) placed 1st and 17th respectively in Round 5 of the 50M Warren Potent Interstate Postal Teams competition which was held at MISC on September 6th.
Numurkah's 50M Prize Shoot was held on August 24. Xavier McLaurin (584x30) placed 3rd Overall and 3rd in A Grade.
Shepparton held its 50M Prize Shoot on the 23rd of August. Xavier McLaurin (581x27) placed 6th Overall and 2nd in A Grade.
Xavier McLaurin (577x18) and Vito Di Pasquale (568x14) placed 6th and 11th respectively in Round 4 of the 50M Warren Potent Interstate Postal Teams competition which was held at MISC on August 9th.
The BSA Cup and Commonwealth Cities International 25 yard Team events were also held on this day at MISC and Kate Ebbott, Xavier McLaurin and Roderick Williams were the three of five selected MCC SBRC members who were available to shoot in the team on that day.
Richard Lightfoot was our only member to attend Portland on the 26th and 27th. Richard shot in the Bench Rest events and on day one scored 742x35 to place third, together with a 716x26 and thirteenth place on day two. This resulted in a two day aggregate of 1458x61 which gave Richard 7th place overall, 2nd place in A Grade and 3rd place in Veterans.
The Numurkah Postal Shoot results gave our members the following scores and placings.
For Prone 20M, Peter Males (592x33) 1st A Grade, Xavier McLaurin (589x36) 2nd A Grade, John West (587x26) 6th B Grade, Dave McLay (581x21) 12th B Grade and Vito Di Pasquale (585x27) 1st C Grade.
In the Bench Rest 20M, Vito Di Pasquale (580x12) was 3rd in B Grade with Michael Di Pasquale (578x14) 5th in B Grade. At 50M Bench Rest, Richard Lightfoot (742x44) finished 2nd in A Grade.
Roderick Williams (576x17) and Peter Males (573x18) placed 5th and 6th respectively at the third round of the Warren Potent Interstate Postal Teams competition which was held at MISC on July 5th.
The TRV State Championships Part 2 were held on June 21 and 22.
Richard Lightfoot (571x10) placed 12th overall in the 20M Bench, together with a score of 738x26 in the 50M Bench for second place overall, resulting in a Dual Range score of 1309x36 to give Richard placings of second overall and first A Grade and Veterans. A score of 386x10 gave Richard second place in the 20M State Bench Rest Champion of Champions event.
Peter Males (590x32) managed fifth overall at 20M and scored 573x22 for eighth overall at 50M, for a total of 1163x54 for the Dual Range, resulting in placings of eighth overall and first in C Grade and Veterans. Scores of 567x11 at 20M Bench and 688x8 at 50M Bench resulted in a Dual Range Bench score of 1259x18 for 23rd place overall.
Xavier McLaurin (594x31) won the overall 20M Prone State Championship. A score of 578x26 at 50M gave Xavier third place overall and resulted in a Dual Range score of 1172x57 for second place overall and A Grade. Xavier's score of 394x22 gave him third place in the 20M Prone State Champion of Champions event.
The North West Victorian Championships were held in Mildura on June 7 and 8.
Richard Lightfoot shot in the Class 3 Bench Rest at 20M (573x6) to place second overall and at 50M (741x20) to place third overall. These scores gave Richard a Dual Range total of 1314x26 for second place in overall, A Grade and Veterans.
Peter Males' Class 3 Bench Rest scores were 563x6 placing 14th at 20M, 729x19 for 12th at 50M and 1292x25 for the Dual Range. In the Prone events, Peter shot 593x28 at 20M for fifth overall and 579x26 at 50M for eighth overall. Peter's Dual Range score of 1172x54 placed him ninth overall, first C Grade and first Veterans.
Round 2 of the 50M Prone Warren Potent Postal were held on the June 1. Our only member to be selected in the State Team was Xavier McLaurin (576x21).
Other MCC SBRC members to shoot on the day were Peter Farley (588x30 a PB for Peter), Roderick Williams(582x24), Peter Males (578x23), John West (577x20) and Vito Di Pasquale (659x18).
The MISC 59th Anniversary Shoot was held on May 24 and 25.
The 25M Air Bench event was held on the Saturday and Richard Lightfoot (720x17) was fifth overall and third veteran. Vito Di Pasquale (713x13) placed eighth overall with Michael Di Pasquale (710x15) finishing 10th.
On the Sunday, the 50M Prone event saw Xavier McLaurin (580x26) place fifth overall, with Roderick Williams (566x16) 11th, Peter Males 12th, Vito Di Pasquale 13th and Gavin Tan 17th. Peter managed first in C Grade and Veterans, with Vito second in C Grade and Gavin third in D Grade.
The 50M Bench Rest resulted in Richard Lightfoot (744x37) placing second overall, first A Grade and Veterans with Peter Males (527x26) 12th overall and Michael Di Pasquale (520x18) 14th.
The first round of the Interstate Warren Potent Postal was held on May 3. Our members who attended were Xavier McLaurin (584x31), Peter Males (583x23), Peter Farley (581x31) and Vito Di Pasquale (568x22). Xavier was our only member to make it into the Victorian State Team.
At the MCC SBRC AGM for 2013-14, presentations were made for the 2013 year to Xavier McLaurin for being our Club Champion and 20M Pennant Champion, and to Gavin Tan as Club Handicap Champion.
The TRV Captain's 1500 50M Bench Rest competition resulted in two of our members making it to the top 10 for Victoria - Richard Lightfoot was placed second overall and David McLay finished 5th. Other notable acheivements were by Vito Di Pasquale (1457x51) for third in A Grade and Michael Di Pasquale (1444x52) being placed second in Sub Junior and third in Junior.
TRV's 20M Postal competition resulted in the following scores for our members:
In the Prone event, three of our members were in the top 10 shooters for Victoria - Peter Males (595x33) finished second overall, Xavier McLaurin (592x27) sixth and Roderick Williams (590x32) ninth. Vito Di Pasquale (588x18) was second in C Grade with Gavin Tan (567x6) finished second in D Grade.
The Bench Rest event gave Vito Di Pasquale (578x11) sixth overall whilst Michael Di Pasquale (568x6) took out second place in both the Sub Junior and Junior categories.
The results of the TRV 50M Prone Pennant placed both our A Team and B Team in equal second position in Section A and Section C respectively.
Xavier McLaurin (1769x93) captained the A Team and was our top scorer, finishing in second place individually for Victoria. Our B Team was captained by David McLay (1735x73) and our top scorer for the B Team was John West (1741x63). Kate Ebbott (1708x43) was our best lady shooter in the competition.
The TRA National Championships were held in South Australia prior to and over Easter with Richard Lightfoot and Xavier McLaurin both making the State Teams in their preferred disciplines.
In the prone events, Xavier shot 611.7 placing 14th in the 50M PQS and 582x30 in whole numbers, 1171x53 for 19th in the Bill Eddy Dual Range and 1153x38 for 23rd place in the 50M Jim Smith competition.
The Bench Rest events saw Richard shoot 1199x79 to be placed second in the Class 3 Dual Range and 1192x89 for 20th place in the 50M Class 3.
The Target Rifle Victoria awards for 2013/14 included the following MCC SBRC members:
Master Marksman: Fifth - Xavier McLaurin and eighth - Peter Males.
Sharpshooter: Third - Richard Lightfoot and ninth - Peter Males.
Veteran Master Marksman: First - Peter Males.
Veteran Sharpshooter: Second - Richard Lightfoot and third - Peter Males.
Stawell's Prize Meeting was held on March 22 and 23.
The 50M events were held on the 22nd and the prone event saw Peter Males (572x16) place 10th overall and 2nd Veteran. The bench rest event resulted in Richard Lightfoot (723x26) placing 3rd overall, 3rd B Grade and 1st Veteran, with Peter Males (719x26) was 7th overall, 7th B Grade and 2nd Veteran.
The 90M bench rest event, on the 23rd, saw Richard Lightfoot (595x10) take out 3rd overall, 2nd A Grade and 2nd Veteran.
Wangaratta hosted the Jim Brock Memorial shoot on March 15 and 16.
Peter Males (1123x34) finished 4th in the 50M prone aggregate overall and won the Veteran events.
Richard Lightfoot (1486x87) won the 50M bench rest aggregate overall, B Grade and Veteran, with Peter Males (1435x40) placing 10th overall, 1st A Grade and 3rd Veteran.
Richard Lightfoot is now the third MCC SBRC winner of the Jim Brock 50M Bench Rest Shield, which was presented to him by Kelli Hicks (pictured, below).
The TRV State Championships Part 1 were held at MISC March 1 and 2.
The 50M prone event resulted in Xavier McLaurin (578x27) placing 7th overall, with Peter Males (571x22) 14th overall and winning the Veteran event.
Richard Lightfoot (708x15) placed 7th in the 25M air bench and won the overall 50M bench rest with a score of 745x46. This 50M score also saw Richard win the B Grade and Veteran events.
The TRV State Championships Part 1 were held at MISC March 1 and 2. The 50M prone event resulted in Xavier McLaurin (578x27) placing 7th overall, with Peter Males (571x22) 14th overall and winning the Veteran event. Richard Lightfoot (708x15) placed 7th in the 25M air bench and won the overall 50M bench rest with a score of 745x46. This 50M score also saw Richard win the B Grade and Veteran events.
Four of our members attended the RBA National Championships, which were held at MISC over the week end of the 22nd and 23rd. Their overall placings were as follows:
- Michael Di Pasquale, 9th in Air LV (472x9), 32nd in Rimfire Sporter (458x11), 54th in Rimfire HV (480x7) and 54th in Rimfire LV (460x12).
- Vito Di Pasquale, 9th in Air LV (462x10), 25th in Rimfire HV (490x14)
Richard Lightfoot, 6th in Air LV (477x11), 18th in Rimfire Sporter (472x12), 45th in Rimfire HV (484x12) and 31st in Rimfire LV (479x10).
- Dave McLay, 63rd in Rimfire HV (473x17) and 46th in Rimfire LV (468x13).
Both Michael and Richard won medals in their respective Junior and Veteran classifications.
Three members attended the Frankston Peninsula 50M Prize Meeting on the weekend of the 15th and 16th.
The Bench Rest shoot on the 15th, using the newly adopted RBA targets for the first time in TRV competition, saw Richard Lightfoot (754x41) place first in Overall, B Grade and Veterans, whilst Peter Males (737x27) place seventh in Overall, and third in Veterans.
On Sunday 16th, in the Prone event, Xavier McLaurin (585x26) placed third Overall and second in A Grade, whilst Peter Males (564x20) was seventeenth Overall and second in Veterans.
Target Rifle Geelong held its 50M and 90M competitions over the Australia Day weekend.
In the 50M Prone event, Xavier McLaurin (588X27) placed 3rd, Peter Farley (574x25) finished 10th and Peter Males (554x14) was 22nd. The 50M Benchrest event resulted in Richard Lightfoot (591x31) finishing 8th, with Peter Males (582x19) in 26th place.
The 90M Prone event gave Xavier McLaurin (578) 4th place, with Peter Males (566) 13th.
The RBA Championships were held at MISC from the end of November to December 1.
Richard Lightfoot dominated the Championships, finishing 1st in the 25M Air Bench (457x08), 1st in the 50M Sporter Match (468x10), 1st in the 50M LV Match (491x22) and 4th in the 50M HV Match (481x15).
Our other MCC SBRC members who shot in the 50M HV Match were Vito Di Pasquale (466x13), Peter Farley (466x13) and Peter Males (459x03) to place 14th, 15th and 17th respectively.
The 2013 Camberwell 600 Postal results placed three of out shooters in the top 10 for the event. They were, 2nd Peter Males (594x31), 3rd Roderick Williams (594x25) and 7th Kate Ebbott (588x26).
Xavier McLaurin (583x21) and Peter Farley (579x22) were 5th and 7th respectively in A Grade.
The TRV 50M Section A Bench Rest Pennant was again won by our MCC SBRC team (for the 5th year in succession). David McLay (1800x164) was the top shooter in Section A, with the rest of the team of Peter Farley (1799x162), Richard Lightfoot (1798x154), Michael Di Pasquale (1796x147), Vito Di Pasquale (1796x144), Peter Males (1788x123) and Roderick Williams (1783x113) all helping to win the Pennant yet again.
The results of the Lancefield 600 Postal became available and Peter Males (597x27) won the 20M Prone A Grade and Veterans for the second year in a row. Xavier McLaurin (593x31) was 3rd Overall and A Grade, whilst Kate Ebbott (589x29) placed 7th Overall and won the B Grade event.
The City of Melbourne Teams 50M competition was held at MISC on the 10th of November. Our Prone team of Vito Di Pasquale (553x13), Peter Farley (570x28) and Xavier McLaurin (580x19), for a total of 1703x60, placed 3rd in the scratch and 1st in the handicap event (1799.7831).
The Bench Rest team of Vito Di Pasquale (592x31), Peter Farley (594x37) and Richard Lightfoot (597x47), for a total of 1783x115, finished 4th in the scratch and 6th in the handicap (1799.4363).
The 14th Australian Masters Games were held at Geelong between the 5th and 9th of October.
Richard Lightfoot was our only entrant in the games and competed in the over 70s Bench Rest Class 3 events to finish 2nd in the 20M (599x45), 1st in the 50M (597x46), 6th in the 90M (580) and 4th in the All Range (1776x91).
Kyabram held its 50M Prize shoot over the AFL Grand Final weekend, resulting in only Richard Lightfoot representing the MCC SBRC by attending the shoot. On Saturday September 28, Richard (698x16) shot the RBA event to place 13th overall and 3rd Veterans. A better shoot on Sunday saw Richard (598x49) finish 2nd outright and win the Veterans.
The final round of the Warrren Potent Interstate 50M Teams Match for 2013 was held at MISC on Sunday September 15. Xavier McLaurin (594x29) was the top Victorian shooter on the day and so took out top place in the Team. Our other shooters on the day were Roderick Williams (566x12), Peter Males (554x12) and Estelle Wallingford (545x10).
The Hamilton 50M Prize Meet on Sunday September 8 saw Peter Males (574x23 Prone) place 9th overall and win the Veterans. In the Bench Rest section, Peter shot 594x32 to place 10th overall and 3rd Veterans.
Glenelg Region held their 50M Prize Shoot on Saturday September 7. Peter Males shot 574x26 in Prone to win the Veterans. The Bench Rest shoots saw Richard Lightfoot (594x43) place 3rd overall and win the Veterans, whilst Peter Males (594x41) placed 5th overall and 3rd Veterans.
Richard Lightfoot, was a team member of the Australian Benchrest Shooting Team which shot in Plzen, Czech Republic in August 2013. At this event both Air Rifle and Rimfire shooting at 25m and 50m distances was conducted.
The competition was held at an outdoor range and therefore subject to the vagaries of the wind. Other variables included equipment, ammunition and to a greater or lesser extent, an element of luck.
At this event the Australian Teams were successful with bronze medals in the 25m and 50m International Sporter Class as well as in the 50m Heavy Varmit Rifle Class. In the 50m Light Varmit Rimfire Rifle Class the team won gold.
On a personal level, Richard was the top Australian shooter in the light Air Rifle Class and was overall 4th in the 50m International Sporter Class and 6th in the aggregate of International Sporter, Light and Heavy Varmit Classes. MCC SBRC Benchrest has been most successful over the last four years in Victorian competitions.
Sunday September 25 was Numurkah's 50M Prize Meeting and Peter Males shot 576x20 (Prone) to win the Veterans and 595x43 (Bench Rest).
The 33rd Annual Shepparton Prize shoot was held on Saturday August 24. In the 50M Prone event, Xavier McLaurin (588x28) won the shoot, whilst Peter Males (581x25) won the Veterans and Peter Farley shot 561x17. Peter Males shot 592x40 in the 50M Bench Rest shoot.
Round 4 of the Warren Potent Interstate 50M Teams Match was held on Saturday August 10. Xavier McLaurin (586x24) took out third place in the Victorian Team, whilst Peter Males (576x19) and Peter Farley (567x19) were unable to make it into the Team.
Xavier McLaurin was our only MCC SBRC member to attend the Wangaratta 50th Anual Prize Shoot at 50M on Sunday August 4. Xavier's score of 576x30 placed him 8th on the day.
At the Portland Prize shoot, over the week end of the 27th and 28th, Peter Males (1147x35) placed 7th Overall and won the Veterans 50M Prone aggregate.
In windy conditions on the 3rd, Xavier McLaurin (580x25) was our only member to shoot well enough to get into the third round of the 50M Prone Interstate Warren Potent Teams match.
The TRV State Championships Part 2 were held at Wangaratta over the 22nd and 23rd.
In the Prone competitions, Xavier McLaurin and Peter Males both shot 576x20 at 20M and 586x32 and 577x21 respectively at 50M, with Scott Newlan scoring 554x17.
These scores placed Xavier 4th Overall and 2nd in B Grade at 50M and won both of the Veterans events for Peter.
The Bench Rest events saw Richard Lightfoot shoot 568x10 and Peter Males score 562x05 at 20M, and 595x44 and 589x34 resprctively at 50M, which placed Richard 7th Overall and 3rd in Veterans at 50M.
The State 20M Champion of Champions events saw Xavier McLaurin (395x22) finished 3rd in the Prone event and Richard Lightfoot (391x08) win the Bench Rest event for 2013. Well done to both of our 2012 Club Champions.
The Numurkah Postal 20M Prone results showed Xavier McLaurin (597x27) a clear winner by three points in A Grade and Dave McLay (575x15) placing 3rd in C Grade.
The North West Victorian Championship was held at Mildura over the 8th and 9th. Peter Males was our only member to make the trip north west, and in Prone he shot 590x23 at 20M and 578x25 at 50M to take out 8th place Overall and win the Veterans event.
The Second round of the Warren Potent interstate team match was held on the 1st of June. Neither Peter Males (577x22) nor Xavier McLaurin (576x22) made it into the Victorian team for this round.
Richard Lightfoot (1487x80) and Dave McLay (1463x59) represented the MCC SBRC in the TRV Captain's 1500 50M Bench Rest Competition. For the first time, RBA targets were used in this competition, and Richard continued to show his skills at 50 M Bench Rest, by again winning both the Overall and Veterans events. Well done Richard.
M.I.S.C. held its 58th Anniversary Open shoot on the 18th and 19th. On the Saturday, the RBA 50M Bench Rest event was shot, with Richard Lightfoot (747x40) dominating the competition by finishing a clear 6 points ahead of the 2nd place shooter.
Richard also competed in the RBA 25M Air Bench Rest and won that event with a score of 735x23. The 50M Prone event was contested on the Sunday, with Xavier McLaurin (585x25) placing 3rd, Peter Males (582x28) 4th, Roderick Williams (573x19) 11th, Vito Di Pasquale (553x9) 16th and Dean Newlan (546x7) 17th. The TRV 50M Bench Rest was also shot on the Sunday and saw Richard Lightfoot (599x52) placing 4th and Peter Males (595x39) finishing 10th.
The TRV State 20M Postal results were received, resulting in four of our shooters placing in the top ten for Victoria in the 20M Prone event. This was a very good result, with some individual scores as follows. Xavier McLaurin (595x36) 1st, Peter Males (592x29) 2nd, Peter Farley (589x19) 5th, Kate Ebbott (588x24) 6th, Dave McLay (585x24) 15th, Neil Jeffery (582x16) 23rd and John West (579x21) 28th.
Two members were in the top ten for Victoria in the TRV 20M Postal Bench Rest competition, which saw some of the following individual scores shot. Richard Lightfoot (575x7) for 4th place, Peter Males (571x11) 10th, Michael Di Pasquale (566x5) 19th, Vito Di Pasquale (563x5) 27th and Adrian Di Pasquale (557x3) 34th.
The first round of the Warren Potent interstate team match was held on the 4th of May. Xavier McLaurin (584x28) was our only member to shoot his way into the Victorian team.
The TRA Nationals for 2013 were held in Brisbane and completed early in the month. Our sole competitor was Richard Lightfoot, who shot 1192X84 in the 50M Benchrest to finish 15th in Open and 6th in Veterans, and 1196x102 in the Dual Range Benchrest placing 9th in Open and 6th in Veteran.
The TRV 50M Prone Pennant was also completed this month and our A Team placed 3rd in Section A, with team captain Xavier McLaurin (1760x91) finishing 5th individually in the section.
Our B Team won the Section E Pennant and team captain Kate Ebbot (1724x63) placed 2nd individually in the section, with good support from David McLay (1713x50) and Neil Jeffery (1698x55) who also finished in the top ten individually for the section.
Wangaratta held their Jim Brock Memorial shoot on the 20th and 21st. On the Saturday in 50M Prone, Peter Males (580x20) finished 7th Overall and won the Veteran category, whilst Richard Lightfoot (599x49) won the 50m Benchrest Open and Veteran, with Peter Males (599x46) finishing 3rd in Open and Veteran.
A strengthening wind on the Sunday made conditions more difficult, and at 50M Prone, Peter Males (579x19) was 4th Overall and 1st Veteran. 50M Benchrest saw Richard Lightfoot (598x50) place 3rd Overall and 2nd in Veteran, with Peter Males (592x33) ending 10th Overall and 4th in Veteran.
The Target Rifle Victoria awards for 2012-2013 included the following MCC SBRC members:
Master Marksman: Fifth - Peter Males.
Sharpshooter: Tenth - Peter Males.
Veteran Master Marksman: Second - Peter Males.
Veteran Sharpshooter: Second - Peter Males and seventh - Richard Lightfoot.
Stawell held its Prize Meeting over the week end of the 10th. and 11th..
On the Saturday, the 50M Prone event saw Peter Males (581x24) place 5th., whilst the 50M Bench Rest event resulted in Peter Males (596x51) placing 10th. and Richard Lightfoot (594x33) finishing 14th..
The 90M events were held on the Sunday, and in Prone, Peter Males (550x6) placed 15th. whilst in Bench Rest, Richard Lightfoot shot 591x10 to place 5th. with Peter Males (589x14) finishing in 6th. place.
Target Rifle Victoria conducted the first part of the 2013 Victorian State Championships at MISC on March 2.
In the 50M Prone event, Xavier McLaurin (579x19) topped the MCC SBRC shooters to finish 8th., Peter Farley (577) placed 9th. and Peter Males (574x15) finished 11th..
The 50M Bench Rest event saw Richard Lightfoot (597x48) place 6th. and Peter Males (595 x 31) finish in 16th. place.
Frankston Peninsula TRC held its 50M Prize Meeting over the weekend of the 16th and 17th.
On the Saturday, Richard Lightfoot (598x47) finished 3rd in the Bench Rest event, with Peter Males (595x44) in 8th position.
Sunday saw Xavier McLaurin (589x36) take out second place in the Prone event, with Peter Males (574x28) finishing 11th.
Target Rifle Geelong held its 50M and 90M competitions over the Australia Day weekend.
In the 50M events, Peter Males placed 6th in Prone (578x20) overall (2nd veteran) and 24th in Bench (587x35), with Peter Farley placing 16th in Prone (567x15) overall. At 90M, Peter Males was 5th in Prone (572) and 1st in Bench Rest (593).
Results have come to hand for the 2012 New Zealand Goodwill Cup Handicap Match, which saw our 2012 MCC SBRC Handicap Champion, Kate Ebbott, place 5th, with a score of 400.100. Well done Kate, in this International event.
The Camberwell TRC 600 results for 2012 placed four of our members in the top 10.
Peter Males (593x32) for 3rd (2nd A Grade), Roderick Williams (589x20) for 6th (5th A Grade), Peter Farley (588x22) for 8th (6th A Grade) and Xavier McLaurin for 10th (7th A Grade).
John West (576x19) was 22nd in B Grade, Kate Ebbott (576x13) for 3rd in C Grade and Dean Newlan (560x12) placed 7th in D Grade.
Our TRV 50M Bench Rest Pennant team again won the Section A Pennant (for the fourth year in succession), with individual aggregates as follows:
David McLay (1797), Richard Lightfoot (1795), Peter Farley (1794), Peter Males (1788) and Roderick Williams (1787) to place ninth, 18th, 24th, 39th and 42nd respectively in the State competition.
MCC SBRC members performed well in the Lancefield 600 Postal competition.
In the Prone, our top shooters were Peter Males (593x32) finishing first overall, first A Grade and first veteran. Peter Farley (950x32) fourth overall and third veteran. Xavier McLaurin (586x30) and Roderick Williams (586x24) took out eighth and ninth respectively in the overall event. Neil Jeffery (582x20) was third in B Grade, David McLay (584x26) third in C Grade and Dean Newlan (570x14) first in D Grade.
In the Bench Rest, Adrian Di Pasquale (562x6) placed nineth overall, third in C Grade and second in junior whilst Michael Di Pasquale (561x7) was tenth overall, second in D Grade, first sub junior and third junior.
Five MCC SBRC teams shot in the City of Melbourne Teams event held at MISC on November 18. Our First Prone Team of Peter Farley, Peter Males and Xavier McLaurin (1721x63) finished second in the scratch section, whilst our Third Prone Team of David McLay, Dean Newlan and Scott Newlan (1638x28) finished second in the handicap section.
Our Bench Rest Team of Peter Farley, Richard Lightfoot and David McLay (1795x144) finished in first place in the scratch section and second place in the handicap section.
Xavier McLaurin (582x25) was our top Prone shooter on the day (first in the overall competition), whilst Richard Lightfoot (599x51) was our top Bench Rest shooter (second for the overall competition).
Richard Lightfoot and Peter Males competed in the 9th Bench Rest Championship and 37th Long Range Championships at Kyabram on October 6. Richard (594x43) placed 13th in Bench Rest, whilst Peter (594x42) finished 14th in Bench Rest and 7th in Prone (581x24).
At the South West Victoria 50M shoots held at Hamilton, Peter Males shot 570x12 (Prone) and 586x36 (Bench) to place fifth and seventh respectively in the Glenelg Region Prize Meeting, and 573x22 (Prone) and 589x31 (Bench) in the Hamilton Prize Meeting to place seventh and fourteenth.
The BSA Cup and Commonwealth Cities Match 25 yard events were shot at MISC on 1/9/2012 and the MCC SBRC members selected for these International teams for 2012 were Roderick Williams and Xavier McLaurin.
The fifth and final round of the Warren Potent 50M Team event for 2012 saw our members record the following 50M Prone scores. Peter Farley (574x19), Peter Males (572x20), Xavier McLaurin (568x13) and David McLay (566x17).
Numurkah's 50M Prone prize meeting results showed Peter Males (580x21) finishing fifth, and ninth in the 50M Bench Rest with a score of 594x45.
Shepparton's 50M Prone prize meeting results showed Peter Males (577x16) and Xavier McLaurin (566x09) placed ninth and twenty fourth respectively, with Peter Males (595x43) finishing seventeenth in the 50M Bench Rest.
The TRV 20M Prone Pennant season for 2012 ended with the MCC SBRC teams performing as follows. The A Team, captained by Xavier McLaurin, was in Section A and finished in third place with a team average of 489.7, whilst our B Team, captained by Dave McLay, shot in Section E to finish fourth with a team average of 469.4. Our top shooters were Roderick Williams (1186x63) and Xavier McLaurin (1182x60) with Kate Ebbott, Peter Males, John West and Roderick Williams each carding a 100 during the series.
The MCC SBRC won the TRV Section A 20M Bench Rest Pennant yet again. Individually, team captain Richard Lightfoot (1735x39) finished in third place, Vito DiPasquale (1715x34) fifteenth, Peter Males (1707x30) twenty third and Dave McLay (1704x32) twenty seventh, to be the top shooters in our team.
The fourth round of the Warren Potent Team event saw our members record the following 50M Prone scores. Peter Males (577x23), Roderick Williams (567x13) and Dean Newlan (550x10).
Our only MCC SBRC member to attend the Wangaratta Annual Prize Meeting was Peter Males, and he shot 592x34 in the 20M Prone, to finish third and 578x26 in the 50M Prone to be placed fourth.
Individual MCC SBRC members achieved the following results in the Numurkah 20M Prone Postal competition.
A Grade ... second Xavier McLaurin (595x34) and third Peter Males (591x37).
B Grade ... sixth John West (581x20) and fifteenth Neil Jeffery (574x16).
C Grade ... first Kate Ebbott (581x24) and fifth Vito DiPasquale (562x07).
D Grade ... third Bill Millar (565x13).
In the Bench Rest competition, Adrian DiPasquale (555x03) placed 12th in C Grade and Michael DiPasquale (553x00) was first in D Grade.
The third round of the Warren Potent Team event saw our members record the following 50M Prone scores. Roderick Williams (572x16) and Xavier McLaurin (570x14).
The TRV State Championships Part 2 were held at Stawell over the weekend of June 23-24.
On the Saturday 20M prone event, Peter Males (588x23) finished eighth (second Veteran) and in the bench rest Richard Lightfoot (576x09) fourth (second Veteran) with Peter Males (571x15) 10th (fifth Veteran).
The Champion of Champions events saw Xavier McLaurin (387x12) place 10th in the prone, whilst Richard Lightfoot (378x12) was eighth in the bench rest.
The TRV Presentation Dinner was held on the Saturday night, and Richard Lightfoot and Peter Males collected all of the pennants (five) and trophies that had been won by MCC SBRC Teams and individuals over the past year.
The 90M event on the Sunday resulted in Peter Males (574x06) finishing sixth (second Veterans and seventh Aggregate) in the prone with Richard Lightfoot (594x15) sixth (third Veterans and fourth Aggregate) and Peter Males (585x06) 16th (sixth Veterans and 11th Aggregate).
Richard Lightfoot (1200x111) again won the TRV Captains Bench Rest Postal 50M competition, with yet another perfect score for 2012.
In the second round of the Warren Potent Interstate competition on June 2, our members were Xavier McLaurin, Roderick Williams (both 573x20) and Peter Males (569x18).
Results were received for the 2012 TRV 20M State Postal and our prone shooters Xavier McLaurin (594x34) finished third (overall and A Grade), Roderick Williams (592x28) sixth, Peter Males (591x25) eighth. (third Veteran), Kate Ebbott (982x19) 22nd (second C Grade), John West (576x15) 29th and Vito DiPasquale (559x08) 46th.
Our bench rest shooters were Richard Lightfoot (576x12) finishing fifth (third A Grade and Veteran), Adrian DiPasquale (560x05) 23rd (second Junior) and Michael DiPasquale (554x02) 31st (third Sub Junior).
- MISC conducted its 57th Anniversary Competition over the weekend of May 19 and 20.
- Richard Lightfoot (745x48) won the RBA 50M Bench Rest Competition.
- In the 50M Prone event, Xavier McLaurin (582x21) placed sixth, Peter Farley (578x20) ninth, Roderick Williams (577x24) 10th, Peter Males (573x26) 12th, Dean Newlan (552x9) 23rd and Vito Di Pasquale (536x12) 25th. Peter Males (597x38) managed 10th in the 50M Bench Rest.
- The first round of the Warren Potent 50M Prone State Teams event was held at MISC on the fifth. Peter Males (579x23) and Kate Ebbott (568x11) represented the MCC SBRC.
- Richard Lightfoot was the sole MCC SBRC member to make the trip to Perth for the TRA Nationals over Easter. It was a good trip for Richard who shot in the Bench Rest events and managed third place in the 50M (1193x78), second place in the 20M and 90M Dual Range (1199x69), first in the 90M (599x23) and was a member of the Victorian team which won both the 50M team and the Dual Range team events.
- Our top 50M Prone team of Peter Males (1739x75), Xavier McLaurin (1748x86), John West (1718x52) and Rory Williams (1749x74) won the TRV Section B Pennant. This makes the sixth consecutive Pennant for our top team. Rory Williams was the top shooter in Section B.
- Our second 50M Prone team of Kate Ebbott (1709x85), Neil Jeffery (1691x43), Vito Di Pasquale (1624x26) and Bill Millar (1395x13) placed third in Section E.
- Three MCC SBRC members made the trip to Wangarrata for the 50M Jim Brock Memorial Prize Meeting. In Prone, Peter Males (579x16 and 570x16) managed eight place in the aggregate and Dean Newlan (538x11) and Scott Newlan (532x07) shot the first day only. Peter Males (596x49 and 596x39) won the Bench Rest aggregate and has thus put the MCC MBRC on the Jim Brock Memorial Trophy for the third year in a row.
- At an RBA shoot in NSW, Richard Lightfoot (734x18) won selection to represent Australia yet again in the team to shoot Air Rifle Bench Rest at Plzen in 2013.
- Part 1 of the TRV State Championships for 2012 were held at MISC on March 10 and 11. MCC SBRC members who attended the 50M Prone Championships on the Saturday were Peter Males (579x24) who finished fourth overall, second in B grade and second in veterans, Roderick Williams (572x13) who finished seventh overall, Dean Newlan (541x08) finishing third in D Grade and Scott Newlan (537x06). Calmer conditions presented itself on Sunday for the 50M Bench Rest Championship which saw Richard Lightfoot (599x52) place third overall, first in A Grade and second in veterans whilst Peter Males (598x49) placed eigth overall.
- The Target Rifle Victoria awards for 2011-2012 included the following MCC SBRC members:
Master Marksman: Third - Peter Males.
Sharpshooter: Second - Richard Lightfoot, fourth - Peter Males and eigth - Martin Lee.
Handicap Sharpshooter: Ninth - Martin Lee.
Veteran Master Marksman: First - Peter Males.
Veteran Sharpshooter: Second - Richard Lightfoot, fourth - Peter Males and fifth - Martin Lee.
- Frankston Peninsula TRC held their annual 50M prize meeting on February 25 and 26 in hot and windy conditions. On the Saturday, our bench rest shooters comprised Martin Lee (597 x 46), Richard Lightfoot (597 x 43) and Peter Males (592 x 36), who finished seventh ninth and 17th respectively. The prone shoot on Sunday saw Peter Males (572 x 24) finish in fourth.
- At the Geelong 50M Prize Meeting on Saturday January 28, the Prone competition resulted in MCC SBRC member Xavier McLaurin (578x24) placing fourth. The 50M Bench Rest competition saw Richard Lightfoot (598x49) in fouth position.
At the Geelong 90M Bench Rest Prize Meeting on Sunday January 29, Martin Lee (595x25) and Richard Lightfoot (595x17) finished in third and eighth place respectively.
- The RBA Dual Range and Air Rifle Nationals were held at MISC from December 2 - 4. Conditions were quite challenging and the scores reflected this fact.
- In the 25M Air, Richard Lightfoot (473x9) and Martin Lee (385x1) placed sixth and 13th respectively. The 25M Rimfire saw Richard Lightfoot (749x55) sixth, Martin Lee (749x54) seventh and Peter Males (794x44) 10th. The 50M Rimfire was shot on the final day and MCC SBRC members scores shot by Richard Lightfoot (718x20), Peter Males (717x22) and Martin Lee (694x15) saw them place 11th, 12th and 16th respectively.
- The Camberwell 600 Prone 20M Postal for 2011 was won by Peter Males (594x29) with Xavier McLaurin (589x27) placing sixth. John West (583x16) finished third in C Grade and Bill Millar (557x07) was third in D Grade.
- Our TRV 50M Bench Rest Pennant team again won the A Section competition (for the third year in succession), with individual aggregates as follows: Richard Lightfoot (1797x158), Martin Lee (1794x137), Peter Males (1789x131), Roderick Williams (1782x124) and John West (1780x111) to place fourth, 14th, 28th, 55th and 60th respectively in the State Bench Rest competition.
- The Lancefield 20M Postal for 2011 proved a great event for MCC SBRC members. The Prone competition was won by Peter Males (596x30) on count back from Xavier McLaurin (596x30), with Roderick Williams (595x36) in third place. In the Bench Rest competition, Peter Males (577x17) finished in second place and Richard Lightfoot (571x14) placed eighth.
- In the third annual City of Melbourne 50M Teams Championships, MCC SBRC fielded two Prone teams. MCC 1 comprised Peter Males, Xavier McLaurin and Roderick Williams and MCC 2 had Peter Farley, Dean Newlan and John West. The teams finished third and fifth respectively.
- One Bench Rest Team (Martin Lee, Richard Lightfoot and Roderick Williams) was entered and finished in second position. Roderick Williams (597x42) carded the second highest Bench Rest score for the competition.
- The TRV Endurance Match was held at Stawell this year and Richard Lightfoot won the Bench Rest section with a creditable 2395x174. Well done, Richard.
- Martin Lee (597x39) and Richard Lightfoot (596x48) attended the seventh Kyabram Bench Rest Championships and finished in fifth and sixth places respectively.
- Peter Males (566x19) just made selection into the Victorian team for the fifth and final round of the National Warren Potent Cup competition.
- Hamilton turned on another cold and windy weekend for shooters in the South West Victoria Prize Meeting, with scores reflecting the difficult conditions. The Glenelg Region shoot on Saturday September 10 saw Richard Lightfoot shoot 582x32 to place 16th in Bench Rest whilst Peter Males carded 589x29 in Bench Rest for seventh place and 571x15 in Prone for eigth place. The Hamilton shoot on Sunday September 11 saw Richard Lightfoot (596x37) win the Bench Rest event whilst Peter Males (575x20) finished in 16th place in Bench Rest and third in Prone (569x08).
- Richard Lightfoot and Martin Lee competed in the Second World Rimfire and Air Rifle Bench Rest Championships in Charleston, South Carolina, USA in early August. They were successful in winning a bronze medal in the air rifle teams match, despite strong opposition from South African, UK, European and American teams. In the rimfire teams event, Richard Lightfoot recorded two perfect 750 scores, but was beaten on centrals to place fifth in the individual aggregate. This puts Richard well up in the world rankings. Thanks to the MCC for financially assisting our MCC SBRC members who represented Australia at the World Championships and well done Richard and Martin.
- The MCC SBRC again won the TRV 20M Bench Rest Postal Pennant in A section. Four of our members finished in the top six of A section with aggregate scores as follows. Peter Males 1736x46 (top score for the state), Richard Lightfoot 1731x44, Martin Lee 1729x44 and David McLay 1720x35.
- On Saturday August 13, the Melbourne Team shot in the Commonwealth Cities 25 yard postal event (held against other cities of the British Commonwealth). Peter Males and Xavier McLaurin had both earned places and shot in the Melbourne team. Peter Males also earnt a place and shot in the 20M BSA Cup Team event.
- At the MCC Target Shooting Section AGM on Monday August 15, Peter Dakin (MCC Sporting Sections' Chairman) presented MCC SBRC members Richard Bowen, Peter Males and Robin Williams with MCC TSS Life Membership medallions.
- The 2011 TRV 20M Postal Pennant series is now completed. Our A team shot in A section and finished in third place (with second highest average team score) and our top four shooters managing the following aggregate scores. Peter Males 1187x65, Xavier McLaurin 1183x65, Roderick Williams 1180x47 and John West 1168x52 (including John's first Pennant 100).
Our B Team shot in E Section and finished in equal second place (with the highest average team score) and our top four shooters obtaining the following aggregate scores. David McLay 1143x28 (including Dave's first Pennant 100), Richard Lightfoot 1143x26, Kate Ebbott 1140x22 and Bill Millar 1114x18.
- The Shepparton SBRC 50M annual prize shoot was held on Saturday August 27. In the Bench Rest shoot, Richard Lightfoot (600x49) won both veteran and outright events with Peter Males (599x48) placing third in veterans and fourth outright. In the prone event Peter Males (582x24) won the veterans and was third outright. The following day, Numurkah SBRC held its 50M Prize Shoot and in the prone event Peter Males (579x22) finished second in the veterans and seventh in the outright event. In the Bench Rest shoot, Richard Lightfoot (600x50) was second in both veteran and outright events with Peter Males (595x44) placing eleventh in veterans and fifteenth outright.
- John West made the trip to Naracoorte on Saturday August 27 to shoot in their 90M shoot. John placed second in C grade with a score of 557x4.
- The Portland Annual 50M Prize Meeting was held over the week end of July 16 and 17 with Peter Males and John West representing the MCC SBRC. In prone, Peter Males managed 585x26 (first on the Saturday) and 585x21 (second on the Sunday) and won the two day aggregate event, whilst John West shot a 563x12 for second place in C grade on the Saturday. In Bench Rest, Peter Males shot 593x35 and 595x48 to place fourth in aggregate over the two day event.
- Smallbore: The second part of the Victorian State Championships was held over 20M and 90M at Geelong over the weekend of the June 25 and 26. For the Bench Rest aggregate of both ranges, Richard Lightfoot (1171 x 36) dominated and won the event, followed at some distance by Martin Lee (1160 x 17) and Peter Males (1152 x 13). In the Prone aggregate, Peter Males (1158 x 33) and David McLay (1135 x 15) represented the MCC Small Bore Rifle Club.
- The TRV Presentation Night Dinner was held on the evening of Saturday June 25 and the MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members who attended collected many awards including five Pennants won over the past year. Photo (left-right): MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members Peter Males, Richard Lightfoot, Dave McLay, John West and Kate Ebbott.
- Xavier McLaurin, as MCC Small Bore Rifle Club 20M champion, fired off in the Target Rifle Victoria champion of champions scoring 397 out of 400, coming second by a countback on centrals.
- Smallbore: The Melbourne International Shooting Club 56th Anniversary Open was held over the weekend of May 21 and 22. On the Saturday in the 50M Bench Rest event, Richard Lightfoot (738 x 32) and Martin Lee (735 x 29) took out second and third places on the difficult RBA targets. The Sunday 50M Bench Rest event saw Martin Lee (598 x 50) and Richard Lightfoot (597 x 42) again take out second and third places (in the reverse order this time) on the easier TRV targets. In the Sunday 50M Prone event, Peter Males (564 x 15) and Rory Williams (557 x 15) were our two MCC Small Bore Rifle Club competitors.
- Smallbore: The 2011 TRV 50M Captains Benchrest 1200 Postal was won by Richard Lightfoot with the perfect score of 1200 with 107 out of 120 centres. This is the third year in a row that Richard has won this event. Well done, Richard!
- The VSBRA "Goodwill Trophy" (a trophy competed for by Club Handicap Champions in Victoria) was won by Peter Males for 2010. Kate Ebbott will be competing for this trophy in 2011.
- Both Richard Lightfoot and Martin Lee have been selected in the Rimfire Benchrest Australia Team to represent Australia in the WRABF World Championships to be held in the USA in July/August 2011. Congratulations and good shooting to both of our members.
- Smallbore: The second day of the Jim Brock Memorial Bench Rest and Prone 50M Prize Meeting was held at Wangaratta in even better shooting conditions than those of the first day. Peter Males shot a 600 to win the second stage of the Jim Brock Memorial Bench Rest Trophy and second (576x23) in the Veterans Prone event, whilst Martin Lee (599) finished in second place for day two. The honours for this weekend's shoot went to Martin Lee, with an aggregate score of 1199/1200 to win the Jim Brock Memorial Bench Rest Trophy. This is the second year in a row that Martin has won this trophy. Congratulations!
- Smallbore: Four MCC SBRC members attended the Target Rifle Geelong 50M Competition on the April 10. Conditions were windy and the best that our members could score in Prone were Peter Males (579x27) who was third overall and first Veteran and Dean Newlan (511x5). In Bench Rest, Martin Lee (594x41) and Richard Lightfoot (593x32) managed to fill eighth and tenth places.
- Smallbore: The Target Rifle Victoria awards for 2010-2011 included the following MCC SBRC members:
Master Marksman 3rd Peter Males
Handicap Master Marksman 9th Peter Males
Sharpshooter 1st Richard Lightfoot 3rd Peter Males 4th Martin Lee
Handicap Sharpshooter 1st Martin Lee 7th Richard Lightfoot
Veteran Master Marksman 1st Peter Males
Veteran Sharpshooter 1st Richard Lightfoot 2nd Peter Males 3rd Martin Lee
- Smallbore: Target Rifle Australia's National Smallbore Competition was held between the 18th and 25th of April at the Melbourne International Shooting Club and Target Rifle Geelong.
Our shooters in the various events were:
50M Prone Roderick Williams 566x21 570x20 1136x41 49th place
50M BR Martin Lee 599x51 596x42 1195x93 5th place
Richard Lightfoot 599x52 593x44 1192x96 10th place Member of Victorian Team
20M BR Richard Lightfoot 579x12 1st place Member of Victorian Team
Martin Lee 560x10 19th place Member of Victorian Team
90M BR Richard Lightfoot 598x25 2nd place Member of Victorian Team
Martin Lee 594x18 4th place Member of Victorian Team
The Victorian Team won both the 50M BR and the Dual Range BR (20M plus 90M) National Team events. Congratulations in particular to our Bench Rest members.
- Smallbore: The TRV 50M Prone Postal Pennant for 2011 has just been completed. The MCC SBRC fielded two teams, our A Team in B Section and our B Team in E Section. For the first time in the club's history, both teams won their respective section Pennants. This is the fifth consecutive year that our A Team has won a Pennant and Xavier McLaurin as the A Team Captain was the top shooter for B Section, with a score of 1949x83. Our other A Team members of Peter Males (1929x24), Roderick Williams (1917x66) and Peter Farley (1913x68) finished in the top six places for B Section. For our B Team, captained by Neil Jeffery, this was their first Pennant win. John West was the top shooter in E Section, with a score of 1907x67, followed by Neil Jeffery (1873x43), Kate Ebbott (1864x45) and Bill Millar (1779x22). Our top three B Team members finished in the top five shooters for E Section.
- Smallbore: The first day of the Jim Brock Memorial Bench Rest and Prone 50M Prize Meeting was held at Wangaratta in near perfect shooting conditions. Martin Lee shot a 600 to win the first stage of the Jim Brock Memorial Bench Rest Trophy whilst Peter Males (596) finished third and second (571x20) in the Veterans Prone event.
- Smallbore: Target Rifle Victoria conducted the first part of the 2011 Victorian Championships at MISC over the weekend of March 5 and 6. At the 50M Prone event on Saturday, Xavier McLaurin topped the MCC SBRC shooters with a 570 x 18 to finish 13th. Peter Males finished 16th, Roderick Williams 20th and Dean Newlan 35th. On Sunday the MCC SBRC members had better luck at the 50M Bench Rest event, with Richard Lightfoot scoring 600 x 50 to win the event. Peter Males (599 x 47) finished fifth and Martin Lee (597 x 41) placed seventh.
- Smallbore: four MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members participated in the Frankston - Peninsula Target Rifle Club prize shoot on February 27 and 27. In the Bench Rest event, Richard Lightfoot shot a almost perfect 599 x 50 to finish in second place overall and win the Veteran's event. Martin Lee scored 598 x 47 and finished in fourth place and Peter Males with 587 x 49 was eighth on the day.
- The Prone event saw Xavier McLaurin win the event outright with a personal best score of 587 x 35 which included a perfect 200 x 13 start. This score was a clear three points better than the second place. Peter Males managed a 573 x 24 to win the Veteran's event.
- Smallbore: Target Rifle Geelong held their annual 90M competition in windy conditions on Sunday November 28. After only 57 years of prone rifle shooting (39 of them with the MCC Smallbore Rifle Club), Peter Males finally won his first Prone Scratch Championship. Michael Jorgensen of TRG is shown presenting Peter with the 90 Metre Perpetual Shield. In 90M BenchRest, Peter finished sixth and Martin Lee 19th.
- Smallbore: MCC win the TRV "A" Grade 50M Bench Rest Pennant for 2010. Notable achievement goes to Richard Lightfoot who did not drop a point for the season. The pennant win makes it a clean sweep for MCC, winning penants in all rimfire classes being two A grade (20M and 50M BR) and two B grade (20M and 50M Prone). Furthermore, Peter Males has the unique achievement of contributing to every round for all of our winning teams.
- Smallbore: MCC Small Bore Rifle Club entered five teams in the MISC 50M City of Melbourne teams shoot. Our prone "C" team of Paul Allinson, Tom Allinson and Dean Newlan won the team handicap event with a score of 1818.7. Individually, our top shooters were, Richard Lightfoot 598 x 52 (bench rest) and Peter Males 575 x 22 (prone). Dean Newlan 620.7 was top shooter for the day in the individual 50M prone handicap event. Kate Ebbott shot a respectable 543 x 9 for her first 50M prone competition shoot.
- Clay Target: The final round of the South East Zone was held at Melbourne Gun Club on Saturday October 9 with perfect sunny conditions. MCC Clay Target Club A team was represented by Paul Mitchell (captain), Cameron Mitchell, Steve Sayers, Ed Treadwell and Tim Mitchell. The A team finished first with 241 targets with Tim Mitchell picking up a 100 break badge during shoot off's. This is the first time the MCC has won a zone teams event. Congratulations to the team, and all team members who have competed throughout the year.
- Smallbore: Six MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members made the journey to Kyabram for the Kyabram SBRC’s annual 50M Prone and BenchRest competition. Our most successful shooter was Richard Lightfoot, who won the 50M BR competition by shooting a 600x56. This score also gave Richard the Victorian State Record for 50M Bench Rest. Peter Males topped our 50M Prone shooters with a 579x19.
- Small Bore: A three-way tie in the TRV 20M Bench Rest Postal Pennant Section A, was won by MCC SmallBore Rifle Club from Sale and Mildura A teams. Our team of Peter Farley, Martin Lee, Richard Lightfoot, Peter Males, Dave McLay, Robin Williams and Rory Williams performed well on the new 20M BR targets. Three MCC Small Bore Rifle Club shooters (Richard Lightfoot, Peter Males and Martin Lee) placed in the top ten state shooters for this event.
- Small Bore: Xavier McLaurin captained our TRV 20M Prone Postal Pennant Section B Team to first place in the winter competition. Six MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members shot with this team over the season, with Rory Williams (1185 x 48) topping our team’s individual aggregate and finishing third in Section B. Neil Jeffery improved his individual score by nearly two points a card this year, to help the team to its win. It has been a while since the MCC Small Bore Rifle Club has won a Pennant in the TRV 20M Prone Postal event, so this was a great achievement for Xavier and the team.
- Small Bore: Richard Lightfoot won the Glenelg Region 50M Bench Rest Prize Meeting with a score of 597 x 50 whilst Peter Males (595 x 37) finished fourth. On the following day, Richard (597 x 48) and Peter (594 x 40) took out first and third places in the Hamilton 50M Bench Rest Prize Meeting. Peter Males finished second and first on the respective days in the Veterans 50M Prone shoots.
- Small Bore: Peter Males represented Victoria in the 50M Prone Warren Potent Cup Round 5.
Our Shooting Star
MCC Clay Target Club member Anthony Panetta won the Australian Clay Target Association (ACTA) Sporting Clays National Titles on August 28 and 29.
Anthony shot 183/200 to not only claim the title but also feature on the front cover of the ACTA Clay Target Shooting News magazine.
- Small Bore: Richard Lightfoot captained our TRV 20M Prone Postal Pennant Section E Team to fourth place in the winter competition. Eleven MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members shot with this team over the season, with John West (1159 x 28) topping our team’s individual aggregate.
- Small Bore: Two MCC Small Bore Rifle Club shooters (Peter Males and Rory Williams) competed in both the Commonwealth Cities Match (a 25 yard postal competition, against UK Cities and states/provinces from the Commonwealth), and also the BSA shield (a 25 yard international postal competition).
- Small Bore: Wangaratta’s 47th Annual Prize Meeting saw Peter Males (594 x 39) on day one and (599 x 45) on day two, taking out second and first places respectively in the 50M Bench Rest, together with winning the 20M Prone Veterans and placing second in the 50M Prone Veterans events.
- Small Bore: Richard Lightfoot shot well at the First Rimfire and Air Rifle Bench Rest World Cup Championship in Plzen, achieving a bronze medal and a fourth placing whilst shooting against Europe’s top Rimfire Bench Rest shooters.
- Small Bore: The Numurkah Annual Prize Meeting was again good for the MCC Small Bore Rifle Club Bench Rest shooters, with Peter Males (599 x 45), Martin Lee (598 x 45) and Richard Lightfoot (595 x 47) taking out first, third and fourth places in the 50M event. 50M Prone scores carded were 579 by Peter Males and 571 by Xavier McLaurin.
- Small Bore: MCC Small Bore Rifle Club Bench Rest shooters dominated the Shepparton Annual Prize Meeting. Martin Lee (600 x 53), Richard Lightfoot (599 x 50) and Peter Males (599 x 43), took out the top three positions in the 50M event. Xavier McLaurin (578) and Peter Males (577) managed sixth and eighth position in the 50M Prone shoot.
- Small Bore: Xavier McLaurin represented Victoria in the 50M Prone Warren Potent Cup Round 3, and John West won the associated Handicap TRV event.
- Small Bore: The State Titles Part 2 at Shepparton were attended by several MCC Small Bore Rifle Club members, with Richard Lightfoot being the most successful, placing third in the Dual Range Bench Rest (1162 x 47). John West and Scott Newlan both competed in prone events.
- Small Bore: At the North West Victorian Championships in Mildura, Richard Lightfoot and Peter Males finished in sixth and seventh position of the Dual Range Bench Rest shoot, and Peter Males was ninth in the Dual Range Prone shoot.
- Small Bore: Xavier McLaurin represented Victoria in the 50M Prone Warren Potent Cup Round 2.
- Small Bore: Peter Farley shot 589 x 26 to take out fourth place in the Numurkah 20M postal shoot.
- Small Bore: MCC Small Bore Rifle Club Bench Rest shooters dominated the Melbourne International Shooting Club’s 55th Anniversary Open Competition. Peter Males (600 x 55), Richard Lightfoot (600 x 54) and Martin Lee (599 x 53) took out the top three positions in the 50M event, with David McLay scoring 592 x 33.
- Richard Lightfoot (738 x 36) and Martin Lee (733 x 34) took out the top two positions in the 50M RBA event, whilst Xavier McLaurin (575), Peter Males (571) and Rory Williams (568) were fifth, seventh and ninth in the 50M prone shoot.
- MCC win the TRV Section B 50M Pennant, making it a double hatrick (four in a row) for the team of Peter Farley, Peter Males, Rory Williams and Xavier McLaurin. Of note is the individual efforts, with all four competitors ranking in the top 10 of the section with Xavier McLaurin placing third.
- The 2010 TRV Captains Benchrest 1200 Postal was won by Richard Lightfoot with the perfect score of 1200 with 104 out of 120 centres. Congratulations Richard.
- A team of five shooters represented the MCC in the DTL South Eastern Zone Shoot at Frankston Clay Target Club on May 2. The team finished a respectable equal fourth place out of 19 teams. The MCC team was just five targets behind first place - a huge improvement up from 17th last year. Well done to our representatives and to Tim Mitchell who won the C grade double barrel.
April 24-25, 2010
- Smallbore: Martin Lee dominates the 50M Bench Rest two-day competition at Wangaratta, winning both individual matches and the two-day aggregate in both A Grade and Veteran Grade. His record breaking score of 1196 for the two-day aggregate also won Martin the Jim Brock Memorial Trophy.
- Smallbore: Peter Males won the 50M Prone individual matches on both days and the two-day aggregate in Veteran Grade and third place in match 2 of B Grade.
April 2009 - March 2010
- Peter Males takes out the TRV Master Marksman Veterans - well done!
April 18, 2010
- Fullbore: Rod Gray places fourth at the Victorian Queen's Shoot. Congratulations Rod - great effort!
April 7, 2010
- Smallbore: Following a shoot-off, a first in the club's recent history, Xavier McLaurin reclaimed the Club Championship.
- MCC win the TRV Section A 50m Benchrest Pennant following a three-way shoot-off against Frankston and Geelong. Of considerable note is the individual performance of Richard Lightfoot who scored a perfect 2000 out of 2000.
November 22, 2009
- Smallbore: The MCC was well represented at the Geelong 90 metre prize shoot. Notable acheivements include Peter Males placing third in prone and benchrest and Martin Lee placing second in benchrest.
November 8, 2009
- MCC dominate the inaugural MISC Team Competition with the prone team winning both the scratch and handicap honours and the benchrest team taking out the scratch. Congratulations to Peter Males (both teams), Rory Williams (both teams), David McLay (benchrest team) and Xavier McLaurin (prone team) for their fine shooting.
August 8 and 9, 2009
- Smallbore: Martin Lee dominates 50m Benchrest at the Wangaratta Annual Prize Meeting, winning both days and the overall aggregate in dropping just one point.
August 2 2009
- Smallbore: MCC place 1st and 2nd at the South Australian Benchrest Championships, with Martin Lee taking gold and Richard Lightfoot the silver. Congratulatations to Martin Lee the 2009 South Australian Benchrest Champion.
August 1 2009
- Smallbore: Richard Lightfoot and Martin Lee both score 1000 / 1000 at 20M at the South Australian Benchrest Championships.
July 19 2009
- Smallbore: Richard Lightfoot 3rd in 50M Benchrest and Peter Males 11th in 50M Prone at the Numurkah Prize Meeting.
July 18 2009
- Smallbore: Richard Lightfoot wins 50M Benchrest and Peter Males 5th in 50M Prone at the Shepparton Prize Meeting.
June 27 and 28, 2009
- Smallbore: Richard Lightfoot (Benchrest) and Peter Males (Prone) both won Gold Medals in their respective events at the Victorian State Championships Part 2. The two shooters had varying success at both 20M and 50M, with Richard shooting a perfect 600/600 at 20M.
June 20, 2009
- Smallbore: Richard Lightfoot wins the Woollahra (NSW) Winter RBA (Benchrest) Shoot. Richard scored a perfect 250/250 on one of his three winning cards.
May 31, 2009
- Smallbore: Martin Lee wins the TRV State Endurance Match with 2387 out of 2400.
May 17, 2009
- Smallbore: MCC A wins the 50m Pennant for the third consecutive year, this time in B grade.
March 21, 2009
- Smallbore: Xavier McLaurin makes the Australia Cup One final, ultimately finishing fifth.
March 14, 2009
- Smallbore: Xavier McLaurin places fourth in the TRV state championships, whilst Rory Williams wins bronze in C grade.
March 9, 2009
- Fullbore: Rod Gray wins number 11 badge at the VRA queens with a score of 397.38.
March 1, 2009
- Small bore: Martin Lee and Peter Males represented the MCC Smallbore Rifle Club at the Australian Masters' Games held in Geelong, both being awarded the following medals:
Martin Lee Peter Males
GOLD 20M Benchrest GOLD 20M Prone
GOLD 50M Benchrest BRONZE 50M Prone
BRONZE 90M Benchrest GOLD 90M Prone
GOLD Benchrest All Range SILVER Prone All Range