Sep 28, 2014
Don’t miss your chance to kick on the ‘G!
On Sunday September 28, the day after the 2014 AFL Grand Final, the MCG will be open for everyone to enjoy.
MCG Open Day is a free event, allowing sports fans to gain rare access to the hallowed turf of the MCG and have a kick-to-kick with family and friends.
There will also be an opportunity to access parts of the stadium that are normally off limits, like the player change rooms and the cricket viewing rooms.
Download the visitor guide
Highlights of the day include:
• Relive your favourite moments on the hallowed MCG turf with kick-to-kick with family and friends.
• Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, including the player change rooms and cricket viewing rooms.
• Visit the National Sports Museum (cost $5).
• Have your photo taken on the AFL premiership dais with the 2014 replica premiership cup (cost $10 - or $5 if you pre-register below).
• Roving entertainment and activities.
• A swap shop for kids to exchange footy cards with others to complete their set.
• A special $7.50 children's meal pack - including bonus set of footy cards!
Other key event information:
• Open Day will take place from 10.00am to 3.00pm with last ground access at 2.30pm.
• Entry to the MCG will available via Gate 2 (arena access) and Gate 3 (National Sports Museum access).
• Car parking will be available in Yarra Park ($10 per vehicle) via Gate 3 and 5 (from 8.00am) and Gate 6 (from 9.00am).
Open Day Promotion - Terms and Conditions