For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, and/or pursuant to MCG Regulations and the Major Events (Crowd Management) Act 2003 (Vic) the following items are not permitted into the MCG:
- opened soft drink containers;
- cans / glass;
- torn-up paper;
- musical instruments;
- flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres;
- fireworks / flares / laser lights;
- chairs / stools;
- rollerblades, skateboards, scooters;
- animals (guide and hearing animals may enter);
- audio recording equipment* / video cameras;
- any large article that cannot be placed under a seat; and
- any device that in the opinion of Melbourne Cricket Club management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
*Audio visual equipment may be permitted for those parents whose children participate in the Auskick / Little League competition.
Please also note the following conditions:
- Melbourne Cricket Club management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- No representations are made that there is seating available.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present their bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Security cameras operate at this stadium, patrons may be filmed.
- Melbourne Cricket Club will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Seats retract automatically, check your seat before you sit down.
- Umbrellas cannot be raised in seating areas whilst any activity is taking place on the arena.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from the MCG.
- Smoking is not permitted within the MCG or within the designated smoke-free areas outside the stadium.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from MCC staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- Some areas of the MCG are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.