The a-la-carte dining in the Members Dining Room will see members and guests able to enjoy an amazing offering, including four choices of entrees, main courses and desserts, afternoon tea, an extensive wine list and superb views of the MCG and back into the city.
In fairness to all, the club uses a ballot system for members wishing to make bookings in the Members Dining Room for events at the MCG.
Registrations for the ballot are taken via the website or by phone (03 9657 8888) from 9.00am on the Monday two weeks prior to each event until 5.00pm the following day.
When making a booking, members are asked to provide the following information: name, membership card number, number of people attending, number of diners under 18 years of age and preferred booking time.
Where registrations exceed room capacity, a ballot for places will be conducted and members will be advised of the success or otherwise of their application in the week of the booking. If ballot registrations have not reached capacity, bookings will continue to be taken from 9.00am on the Wednesday until sold out.
Members should note that providing an email address will assist the club in communicating the ballot outcome as quickly as possible.
- Members may only register once per match. Those listed in more than one booking will be disqualified from the ballot.
- The number of dining room guests permitted per member will mirror the number of visitor tickets allocated per member.
- Members must ensure they have purchased visitor tickets for their guests, as a dining room booking does not guarantee entry into the Reserve.
- Diners (including guests) will have access to a dedicated reserved seating area in front of the dining room on Level 2 (Bays N37-39) to view the match. *Not applicable to AFL Grand Final or to those dining for lunch during day/night matches.
- Members who have already purchased a reserved seat and are successful in the dining ballot may contact the club for a refund of their initial purchase. *Not applicable to the AFL Grand Final
- A $20 per head "no show" fee applies for members and/or guests who do not arrive.
- Cancellations must be made before 5.00pm on the last business day prior to the match by phone (03 9657 8888).
- Bills will not be split for credit card payments.
- Children may enter the dining room so long as they are accompanied by an adult and adequately supervised.
- Dress for males is lounge suit or shirt, tie, tailored jacket and slacks, and dress shoes. Females are expected to be attired to an equivalent standard. Please refer to the dress standards.
- Walk-up dining will only be available in the Members Dining Room if the room has not been fully booked in advance. Notices will be placed outside the dining room entrance to indicate if walk-up space is available.