Melbourne Football Club

Melbourne Football Club (MFC) and the MCC have shared a close history since the inception of Australian Football in 1859.

Such was the relationship, the football club first became an MCC Sporting Section in 1890. The two clubs separated in 1980 before reuniting in 2009.

Wearing blue and red since the early 1870s, the team took on the nickname “Demons” in 1933 – a name now adopted by many of the MCC Sporting Sections.

The MFC has enjoyed several periods of dominance – particularly between 1955 and 1964- when the club won six VFL (now AFL) premierships.

The MFC’s best and fairest player each year is awarded the Truscott Trophy, named after Keith “Bluey” Truscott, the famous fighter pilot and Demon footballer who was killed during World War II, and many Melbourne players have been honoured in the Australian Football Hall of Fame – including Legends Ron Barassi Jnr and Norm Smith.

Visit for the latest news about the Demons.