The Yorker: journal of the Melbourne Cricket Club Library commenced in 1993 as a current awareness bulletin, listing library news and recent acquisitions.
It has developed into a showcase for research articles, statistical analyses and book reviews targeted at MCC members, sports historians, media and the general public visiting the National Sports Museum.It is published to:
- Foster an interest in sports history and the history of events involving the MCC and MCG.
- Encourage usage of the services of the MCC Library.
- Provide research articles on major events happening at the MCG.
- Supplement major exhibitions held in the library, MCC Museum or National Sports Museum.
- Promote the MCC’s heritage collections and research facilities.
- Provide a magazine for visitors to the National Sports Museum.
The Yorker is published three times per year – in April, August and December.
Subscriptions are the perfect way of ensuring you do not miss out on an issue of The Yorker. Have it home delivered! Subscribers also receive a digital copy emailed for their enjoyment and convenience of reading on the go.
Three issues are available in an annual subscription.
- Subscription form: MCC members
- Subscription form: Public living in Australia
- Subscription form: Public living overseas
- Subscription form: MCC waiting list candidates
Note to contributors
If you wish to submit an article for consideration for publication in a future issue of the journal please use the style below
Back issues are available for purchase from the MCC Library.Members can also click links below to view previous editions.
(Note: Issues 16 to 35 inclusive are archived by the National Library of Australia’s Pandora project. Clicking on the links to those issues will take you to the Pandora website.)