To manage the capacity of the Members Reserve and to protect the amenity of members on major event days, Provisional members will have limited or no access to the Reserve on some event days.All MCG event days have been categorised according to the expected demand from members and their guests to attend that day.
These categories determine the access Provisional members have to the Reserve, as well as their ability to purchase visitor tickets and reserved seats, enter the Members Dining Room ballot or apply to obtain a Long Room or Balcony pass for guests.
Category 1 event days, where no access to the Members Reserve is available to Provisional members, will include day 1 of any international cricket Test match, all AFL finals matches and other AFL or international cricket event days when the MCC Committee determines that the Members Reserve will be near capacity.
The categorisation of event days will be determined prior to the commencement of both the AFL and cricket seasons and are subject to change.
Please refer to the table below for a description of each event category, along with what will be available to Provisional members at each event day.
Provisional member event categories explained
2018 AFL home and away seasonView match categories for Provisional members during the upcoming AFL season
Benefits of MCC membership
- Free admission to the MCC Members Reserve for Category 2,3 and 4 events at the ground.
- The right to introduce visitors on specific match days and on non-event weekdays.
- Possibility of access to special events like soccer, rugby union and rugby league, generally at a subsidised admission fee.
- Three club electronic magazines per year and regular
news updates via website, email and social media.
- Access to various Members Reserve dining and bar facilities on specific event days. Note: access to the Frank Grey Smith Bar, Long Room and making Members Dining Room bookings is only permitted for Category 4 events. Members and guests may also dine at the club for lunch on all weekdays.
- Invitations to attend a wide range of club functions and events suitable for all interests and age demographics. Note: there may be some functions and events only available to Full and Restricted members.
- The opportunity to join the club’s sporting sections such as baseball, bowls, croquet, golf, hockey, lacrosse, netball, real tennis, squash, target shooting and tennis.
- The opportunity to join any of the club’s special interest groups such as the Long Room Wine and Food Society,
War Veterans Group, Bridge Club, Young Members Club, Women of MCC group and the XXIX Club, which plays social cricket matches locally, interstate and overseas.
- Discounted admission to the National Sports Museum and free admission to take an MCG Tour.
- The ability to purchase a broad range of MCC merchandise.
View the full welcome brochure here