The Melbourne Cricket Club is bound to comply with the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000 ("Privacy Act") from 1 September 2002.
The club collects personal information about its members, customers and users of our facilities. Where practicable and where required by the Privacy Act, individuals will be notified of the purpose for which the information is being collected at or before the time of collection.
The type of information collected is specific to the entertainment services that the club provides and includes the contact details of members, customers and users of our facilities.
The club uses personal information collected for the purpose of providing entertainment and related services, promoting such services and market research. The club has a policy of not disclosing any personal information to third parties without the consent of the person concerned or unless otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
The club (or its agents) operates surveillance cameras in the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the purpose of minimising and detecting unlawful activity and to prevent crowd disturbances on event days. The surveillance tapes may be provided to law enforcement bodies. The surveillance footage which is filmed on event days does not remain in the possession of the club. It is delivered to Victoria Police on the day on which the filming is conducted.
You may request access to your personal information held by the club by contacting us during office hours in the manner detailed below. The club will deal with such request in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. If you notify the club that personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date then we will take steps to correct the information.
You may request further details about the way that the club handles personal information by contacting the HR Manager during office hours on 03 9657 8888.
- The MCC Section or Club may exchange information between themselves and between the Section or Club and the MCC.
- The MCC Sections and Clubs collect members’ personal information to provide the Section or Club’s sporting and social services to its members, and to enable the organisation of the competitions in which their members participate.
- This includes giving the members names, sporting status & handicaps, and their sporting history & achievements to the respective sporting organisations and corresponding sporting clubs.
- The information is only given to enable organisation of competitions, social events, team lists, results of competitions, names for trophies and awards;
- and the names and positions of team members, team leaders, the committee and sub-committees and other positions in the Sections and Clubs.
The MCC Sections and Clubs may include advertising material with any mail out but will not pass members’ personal information on to third parties for this purpose without consent. Members will not be sent separate advertising material if the member has requested that it not be sent.