The Melbourne Cricket Club is excited to welcome you back into the Members’ Reserve for tenth season of the Big Bash League.The Club is committed to ensuring BBL10 operates in line with relevant Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines so all members and patrons can experience the MCG in a safe way.
Similar to arrangements for the 2020 Boxing Day Test, our COVIDSafe plans dictate that all patrons at the ground and in the Members’ Reserve must have a pre-booked reserved ticket. This means that there will be no walk-up opportunity for members at this summer’s BBL matches.
Australian Cricket Legend Shane Warne and some friends welcome you back to the MCG with a few COVIDSafe tips.
COVID-19 Health AdvicePlease play your role in protecting the people’s ground by following these simple directions:
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.
- Protect the head. Please wear a fitted face mask when in congested areas (for example in food & beverage outlets, toilets and entering and exiting the venue).
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
Before you arrive at the MCG
- Make sure you pack your debit, credit or MCCPlus+ card as the venue will now be cashless.
- Pack your mask as it needs to be worn in congestion, specifically on public transport and through the security and entry process at your assigned entry gate.
- Come prepared for all types of weather conditions, including packing a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a poncho or a raincoat.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags – such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases – are not permitted. There will be no cloaking facilities at the MCG.
- Make sure you have packed your MCC Membership card and have downloaded your mobile ticket which displays your assigned section and row.
- If you’re attending in a group, please ensure you share your mobile tickets so each adult has their own mobile ticket on their smart device. For tips on how to use your mobile tickets or to share tickets, please read our Handy Tips here.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell, exhibiting any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, been in an identified hot spot in the last two weeks, been instructed to self-isolate or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Plan your transport journey by checking the Public Transport Victoria website for summer disruptions.
- If you’re planning on parking in Yarra Park, click here to see the map for entry gates and times. Please note that parking in Yarra Park is always dependent on weather conditions, so best to check on the morning of your visit. Parking is available for a fee through a debit or credit card transaction.
- If you need assistance getting to the entry gates, the MCG’s new mobility assistance shuttle service will operate during the BBL. Known as the MCG Movers, buggies will ferry attendees with mobility needs from Richmond Station on Brunton Avenue and Jolimont Station (near the mobility assistance car park) to the MCG gates. The MCG Movers will start 1.5 hours prior to the start of the BBL match and will run for approximately 30 minutes after play concludes on each day.
On the day
- Arrive early to ease congestion on public transport and also during the entry process at your assigned gate.
- Enter with your membership card via the gate indicated on your mobile ticket.
- Use the displayed Victorian Government QR codes to check into the MCG. These will be displayed at the entry area of your assigned gate. Please scan the displayed QR code by opening up your smartphone’s camera and allowing it to focus on the code. Your smartphone will then identify the code and say what to do next. If this does not work, please download the Service Victoria app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and follow instructions to check into the MCG.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times within the MCG by leaving at least a couple cricket bat lengths distance between you and others.
- Your mobile ticket will indicate your assigned section and row. When you get there, ensure you leave at least one empty seat between you and the other groups seated in your assigned row.
- When you’re moving around your assigned zone, please ensure you are wearing your fitted face mask when there’s congestion.
- Remember there won’t be an opportunity to cross between zones once inside the MCG. Each zone will have access to bathrooms, parents rooms, first aid, merchandise, food and beverage outlets (including those with Halal and vegetarian options), mobile charging units, prayer rooms and water refill stations. Our event day staff are here to help you should you need to locate anything in your zone.
- All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit, credit or MCCPlus+ card
- Food and beverage outlets will operate as takeaway only, so you’ll need to enjoy food and beverage items in your assigned row.
- We’re here to help – Big Bash League attendees are encouraged to contact management in the event they need any assistance, want to alert to a COVID-19 protocol breach or have witnessed anti-social behaviour. The channels in which members can contact management are through:
Text line: 0409 117 621
Information found at: mcc.org.au
Live Chat function on the MCC website (available Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm AEDT).
View Conditions of Entry
View additional Conditions of Entry relating to COVID-19
For more information about attending the Reserve, including gate opening times, session times and members' arrangements, please visit the below: